The Office of Equity and Inclusion is responsible for ensuring UMBC’s compliance with state and federal training requirements. Starting in Fall 2020, both the student and faculty/staff training will be offered through SafeColleges.
OEI believes that offering merely the training that is required by law is insufficient. To that end, the Office of Equity and Inclusion has developed and implemented a comprehensive training plan for all UMBC community members to ensure we are living up to our value of Inclusive Excellence. Our new training program includes sexual violence prevention as well as information on how to report instances of sexual violence and hate/bias to OEI. This mandatory training is assigned to all students on July 30, 2021 and all employees on August 16, 2021.
Follow these easy steps to complete your UMBC training:
- Using your web browser, go to the SafeColleges Students website for University of Maryland Baltimore County: https://umbcstudents-md.safecolleges.com/
- Annual Student Training OEI Slides
- Using your web browser, go to the SafeColleges website for University of Maryland Baltimore County: https://umbc-md.safecolleges.com/
- Annual Employee Training OEI Slides
- Enter your login information using single sign on (SSO)
Have some questions? Check out the OEI training FAQ.